Director, Technology Services and Solutions
This position will require weekly in-office work under a hybrid working model.
The Director of Technology Solutions is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of current business systems, and for crafting short and long-term technology strategies, working with the VP, IT & Operations Solutions. They will be the primary technical project lead responsible for technology project implementations. They will work cross-functionally with all areas of the organization, including working closely with Data Services to ensure that current and future business information systems are efficiently utilized. They will work closely with our Finance, Business Development, Communications, and Conference Services teams on a variety of eCommerce and data interchange platforms, ensuring that these platforms represent the best fit for the organization’s long-term strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the design, development and operational status of key business and information management systems.
- Identify opportunities and lead the change management process to establish the information solutions team as collaborative and customer-centric, supporting partnerships across the organization
- Responsible for the modification of existing business systems, and implementation of new business systems, as determined by the strategic goals and business needs of the organization, and in conjunction with the VP, IT & Operations Solutions.
- Facilitate the integration of internal and external applications, services, and data interchanges through our websites and our cloud-based Association Management System.
- Work with externally facing teams to support and facilitate the smooth interaction of internal staff and external customer systems, such as eLearning, eCommerce, and mass communications platforms.
- Manage projects and resources supporting and delivering technology solutions.
- Actively manage and supervise daily activities of the IT programs and projects.
- Coordinate with Data Team to ensure that business systems, and any technical changes to those systems, meet the organization’s data processing needs.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand and respond to the changing technology needs of the organization.
- Translate technology solutions into high quality, well written policies and trainings
- Monitor IT performance against established goals, compliance and maintains internal and external customer contact on issues to ensure they are addressed
- Work with the VP, IT & Operations Solutions to plan the annual technology implementation and systems development schedule.
- Demonstrate LeadingAge's Core Values, including a commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive community where all are able to meaningfully contribute and thrive.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- BA in computer science or related field, plus 5 years of relevant experience which includes 3 years of leading or championing complex IT projects and programs; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate between technical and non-technical roles.
- Strong customer service and analytical thinking / problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong background in project management.
- Ability to work extensively with internal and external customers while assuming competing priorities.
- This role requires demonstrated leadership, project management, full system lifecycle experience, a hands-on approach, and results oriented skills.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to learn/translate/refer to large amounts of technical material and produce written communications such as, but not limited to, training materials.
- Ability to travel to external meetings both locally and nationally, including periodic overnight travel.
- Normal work requires frequent use telephone and computer (monitor, keyboard, mouse).
- Ability to be move about at Annual Meeting; Leadership Summit Conference; and other meetings and events.
- May be required to move about frequently in the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc.
- May require standing/sitting for prolonged periods of time during meetings and conferences.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Commitment
LeadingAge recognizes the intersectionality of ageism, racism and other forms of discrimination. We are committed to being a just, inclusive, antiracist and equitable community that values and honors the unique qualities, wisdom and lived experience of all people. We are steadfast in our commitment and will invest in opportunities to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive community, where all are able to meaningfully contribute and thrive.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and maintaining a diverse work force. We seek talented, dedicated professionals who have a genuine interest in helping us fulfill our promise to: Inspire. Serve. Advocate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties, as necessary.